Bio-Identical hormones are identical to the hormones your body naturally produces, unlike synthetically prescribed estrogens. Optimizing your hormone levels can help different aspects of your life. From protecting against cardiovascular disease to improving your mood, concentration and increasing your libido and sexual comfort.
Women contain three different hormones in their body; Progesterone, Testosterone, and Estrogen. When any of these hormones are out of balance, your body produce one of the following symptoms: Depression, weight gain, hot flashes, loss of libido, brain fog, vaginal dryness, night sweats, insomnia or headaches.
High levels of estrogen with low levels of progesterone and testosterone are very common in women. Surprisingly, accumulating excess estrogen isn’t all that difficult, as we’re constantly exposed to estrogen-like compounds in foods that contain toxic pesticides, herbicides, and growth hormones. Many of the everyday household products we use, including plastics like BPA, detergents, cosmetics, furniture and carpeting, contain endocrine disruptors, which are chemicals that mimic estrogen. Everyones levels are different, which is why we like to perform a hormone panel. This will allow us to evaluate your levels, and determine the best customized treatment plan for you and your body.
- 1 How is our Approach Different?
- 2 Female Hormones
- 3 Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms
- 4 Treatment Options
- 5 Consultation
- 6 Where Do I Go For My Vitamins and Compounded Medication?
How is our Approach Different?
Your Quality of Life is Important to Us!
Some physicians might say it’s all apart of the aging process…true, but keeping your levels within their optimal range and monitoring those levels has not only shown to improve your quality of life, but protect you from underlying chronic disease processes.
A Customized, Thorough Approach
Our treatment plan is extremely customized. We want you to reach your health goas, and in order to do so, we have to take an invidiualized approach throughout your treatment.
Testosterone for Women
Testosterone, usually considered a male hormone, also regulates many systems in a woman’s body. When we age, the decline in testosterone causes fatigue, memory loss, weight gain, depression and decrease in libido. Through our integrative approach, we will work to stabilize your hormone levels.
Estrogen in Women
Estrogen, a group of hormones that regulate multiple female systems, begins to decrease as women age. As estrogen levels fall, women can experience depression, emotional instability, fatigue, vaginal dryness and painful intercourse.
Progesterone in Women
Progesterone, an important female hormone, decreases as we age. It regulates fertility, and as progesterone levels fall, women can experience depression, emotional instability, fatigue, vaginal dryness and painful intercourse.
DHEA is produced by the adrenal glands. It helps regulate other hormones, which means when DHEA is insufficient, it can affect many body systems. The symptoms of low DHEA are hair loss, fatigue and weight gain.
The thyroid gland, because of its job in regulating hormone production, affects almost every organ system in the body. When the thyroid is imbalanced, a domino effect occurs. With careful adjustments in nutrition and preventative care, we can balance and regulate the thyroid, bringing it back into a symbiotic relationship with your body.
Cortisol is a stress-related hormone produced by the adrenal glands. When cortisol levels are imbalanced, it affects our memory, metabolic systems, blood sugar, and influences our mood.
Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms
- Hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats and depression cause fatigue. Fatigue affects every area of life—memory loss, depression, weight gain.
- Memory Loss
- Most women experience memory loss, or forgetfulness, during menopause. Through supplements and nutrition, we can change sharpen your mental clarity.
- Hot Flashes
- Hormonal imbalances cause hot flashes. This uncomfortable occurrence leads to sweating, flushing and feeling faint.
- Weight Gain
- Many healthcare professionals screen for osteoporosis during menopause. Changing hormones can cause changes in bone density.
- Most menopausal women are fatigued, but cannot sleep. If having deep, restful sleep feels like an unobtainable goal, we can help you.
- Mood Changes
- Lack of sleep and changing serotonin levels can cause changes in stress, mood and irritability.
- Hair Loss
- Thyroid changes can cause thinning hair, which can be avoided through a nutritional and supplement regimen.
- Low Sex Drive
- Aging doesn’t have to affect sex drive. We can implement simple changes to help you get your libido back.
- Skin Changes
- When menopause hits, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles start to appear. With balanced hormones, collagen production can increase, causing that youthful glow to reappear.
- Vaginal Dryness
- Men deal with erectile dysfunction. Women deal with vaginal dryness. Neither wants to discuss it, but it’s something we talk with our patients about every day. We can help erradicate this painful symptom of menopause.
We offer two treatment options for replacement therapy, oral or vaginal cream. You might ask yourself, why not pellets? Pellet therapy is not only invasive but can lead to excessive scar tissue and even infection. You also cannot take out what you put in, so we at LVWellness like to have better control with your Hormone therapy.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement is a partnership with you, Dr. Hogan and his staff. Dr. Hogan wants you to feel comfortable, well informed and confident throughout your therapy. With our different programs, you’ll be able to confide in our team with our provided phone, email and in person support throughout your Hormone therapy process.
Where Do I Go For My Vitamins and Compounded Medication?
Convenience is key. We want to make healthy living as easy as possible for our patients. All compounded medication prescribed by Dr. Hogan is delivered directly to your doorstep. All supplements recommended by Dr. Hogan can be purchased through your personalized Full Script portal. This allows you to purchase monthly or opt in for Auto-Ship.