When a low functioning thyroid is suspected, most traditional physicians will typically run a basic TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) blood test. Millions of patients will have “normal” levels, but still feel sick and tired and are left wondering what else they can do. Treatment of the thyroid should be aimed at OPTIMAL levels, not just normal.
Common Symptoms of Low Thyroid
- Thinning Hair of Hair Loss
- Weight Gain
- Poor Concentration
- Cold Intolerance
- Muscle & Joint Pain
- Depressed Mood
- High Cholesterol
Benefits of Optimizing Your Thyroid Levels
- Weight Loss
- Temperature regulation and metabolism
- Increased energy
- Fat breakdown for healthy body weight and cholesterol
- Protection against cardiovascular disease
- Protection against depression and mood disorders
- Cerebral function and cognition
- Healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Protection against functional decline
Benefits of Combination T4/T3 Compound Medication for Hypothyroidism
Utilizing a combination of both T4 and T3, as suggested by the recent literature, most effectively raises the active thyroid hormone at the cell level called T3. When pure T4 is given in the form of Synthroid®, Levoxyl®, or L-thyroxine, T3 levels improve only minimally due to poor conversion of T4 to T3. Some people just don’t convert the T4 into its active form T3.
If you are still having low thyroid symptoms, something is not being addressed! Allow us at LVWellness & Aesthetics to help correct the underlying problem to help optimize your thyroid and help you begin to feel better!