A note to our patients about COVID-19,
As the current news and updates on COVID-19 continues, we want you to know that we are taking great precautions to not only educate our patients about how to be prepared for the current state of emergency, but also how to stay healthy year round and build a better immune system.
Here at LVWellness & Aesthetics, we have taken extra steps and precautions to ensure practice cleanliness and safety, and we are instituting additional measures at this time.
We do ask if you are feeling ill or sick in any way, please notify our office prior to your appointment time to better help any delays in your care. We will continue to operate normal business hours and will continue to update you with any changes within the office or our operating hours.
We all know this is a very stressful time for everyone and stress does play a major role in reducing how our immune systems reacts to foreign invaders. Preparedness is the best way to help control a stressful situation, especially when it comes to a viral illness. We have created some ways to help you prepare your immune system and control the spread of COVID-19.
Ways to Help Protect & Control:
- Wash hands with antibacterial soap and warm water thoroughly
- Try to avoid rubbing your eyes, face or mouth
- Sanitize your workplace and household with lysol, diluted bleach solutions, caviwipes, or other anti-viral/anti-bacterial surface cleaners.
- Avoiding large crowded areas
Ways to Help Boosts your Immune System
- Exercising, Meditation, and attempting to destress – remember stress boosts cortisol levels, which inhibits your immune response
- Eating anti-inflammatory foods – whole, unprocessed foods, avoiding dairy and gluten products
- Probiotics – remember 70-80% of your immune system begins in your gut. Good bacteria help to promote a good functioning immune system
- Vitamin D3 with vitamin K – Vitamin D3 helps to boost a good immune system and protect your body from infectious diseases. Vitamin K acts as a cofactor to improve the absorption
- Buffered Vitamin C – buffered is less acidic than ascorbic acid, thus better absorbed. Vitamin C has been used for years to help improve immunity.
- Medicinal Mushrooms – Maitake, Shitake, and Reishi mushrooms are a great source to help improve your immune system by increasing the release of certain natural killer cells to fight not only viruses, but bacterial infections as well.