Chronic pain tends to affect a large percentage of the general population at some point in their lives. The goal is to create a treatment protocol specific for that person that not only addresses the underlying mechanism of what’s causing the pain, but help correct, modify and improve a patient’s quality of life. We have created a wonderful program that does just that!
Kinesics Range of Motion Testing to look at your body’s muscular imbalances
Go over all results and discuss any imbalances within the body
Create a customized treatment plan based on results found
STEM CELL thERAPY
Stem cells and their clinical applications have been studied for well over two decades. The use of stem cell therapy, whether derived from umbilical, bone marrow, and fat, as well as vesicles of information derived from activated stem cells (i.e., exosomes), have been shown to be effective alternatives to surgeries and may help other chronic health conditions. Stem cells provide us with information on how our bodies can heal effectively – whether using umbilical cell tissue, exosomes and growth factors in platelet rich plasma (PRP), to accelerate the healing process, fight inflammation, or assist patients with chronic joint pain and previous injuries.
TYPES of Stem Cells
- Umbilical cord tissue-derived cells are best suited for and may help with tissue regeneration, inflammation and repair due to the tissue repairing function of mesenchymal stem cells.
Bone Marrow Derived
- Bone Marrow derived stem cells require a patient to undergo an in-office procedure where the stem cells are typically withdrawn from the hip bone. Once withdrawn, then stem cells are then separated and harvested, then injected back into the problem area.
Adipose (Fat) Derived
- Adipose stem cells are collected from fat tissue by way of an invasive liposuction-like procedure. These stem cells are not the same as those found in fetal cord blood or bone marrow. Once withdrawn, then stem cells are then separated and harvested, then injected back into the problem area.
CAN STEM CELLS HELP WITH MY CHRONIC PAIN?
Stem Cell Therapy have been used for years and may assist in helping to heal surrounding damaged tissue sites, decrease inflammation and improve overall functional movement.
WHERE DO THE AMNIOTIC STEM CELLS COME FROM?
Amniotic stem cells come from the amniotic membrane and fluid of donated placentas following normal childbirth. With the mother’s consent, the amnion is removed and harvested from the placenta of pre-screened and tested donors. It is then sterilely processed and undergoes further rigorous testing to assure safety and efficacy. After testing is completed on the tissue samples, they are then separated and preserved at below freezing temperatures.
HOW DO STEM CELLS WORK?
- Stem cells are progenitor cells which are capable of regeneration and differentiation into a wide range of specialized cell types. Once injected, stem cells follow inflammatory signals from damaged tissues and help to repair these damaged areas.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) are essentially multipotent (i.e., can transform into different cell and tissue types, but cannot form into new organs).
- They act via anti-inflammatory activity, immune modulating capacity, and have the ability to stimulate regeneration.
DOES YOUR OFFICE USE BONE MARROW OR FAT-CELL DERIVED STEM CELLS?
We do not. We have found that potential outcomes have been much better utilizing Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Cells over Bone Marrow and Fat-Cell Derived Stem Cells. Both of these procedures require an invasive procedure and have been found to yield much lower amounts of beneficial mesenchymal stem cells.
HOW LONG DOES A NON-SURGICAL INJECTION TYPICALLY TAKE?
After discussing your entire medical history and evaluating any necessary MRIs or X-rays, each procedure takes about 20-30 minutes to perform.
HOW SOON WILL I SEE RESULTS AFTER MY NON-SURGICAL INJECTION?
Each treatment and patient is unique, and there is no guarantee of what results will be seen or how quickly they may be observed. Some patients have commented on changes during the 1st weeks after their treatment, others have experienced improvement within 6 months.
WILL I REQUIRE ANESTHESIA OR SEDATION FOR THE PROCEDURE?
No, not at all. The procedure is very tolerable and does not require any anesthesia or sedation. A topical cryospray is used to help create a tolerable procedure.
IS THERE ANY RADIATION EXPOSURE DURING THE PROCEDURE?
No. Most of the injections are performed using an ultrasound machine to determine the depth and location of the injection needle.
WILL INSURANCE COVER MY STEM CELL THERAPY?
There are some insurance payers that do cover this procedure. Our team will need to determine your coverage prior to the procedure.
WHAT IF MY INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER MY INJECTION?
We do offer a significantly discounted rate for cash pay patients. This will depend on the amount of product begin used and type of stem cell product utilized.
PRP (PLATELET RICH PLASMA) thERAPY
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy uses your own blood concentrate that is packed full of growth factors and platelets that have been shown to help promote wound healing and reduce inflammation. PRP is also utilized in several cosmetic and aesthetic procedures within our practice…(I would hyperlink cosmetic and aesthetic to link this back so we aren’ putting too much info here)
WHAT ARE THE STEPS IN PRP THERAPY
During PRP therapy, your treatment will follow these steps:
- First, a small sample of blood will be taken from you.
- Next, your blood sample will go into a special machine that separates your platelets and the plasma part of your blood from other materials in your blood.
- Lastly, this concentrated sample will be injected back into your body, close to where your pain or injury is.
HOW LONG WILL THE TREATMENT BE EFFECTIVE?
Depending on where your pain is located, clinical trials have shown that patients may experience pain relief for anywhere between one and three years. Some do require the area to be re-injected.
IS PRP BETTER THAN STEM CELL THERAPY?
PRP is a very good alternative to stem cell therapy, but in our practice we tend to see much better and quicker outcomes with utilizing stem cells over PRP therapy.
WILL INSURANCE COVER MY PRP THERAPY?
Unfortunately Insurance providers do not cover this current treatment modality.
TAKE ACTION. WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOALS!
All Content Copyright © 2011-2017, LVWellness & Aesthetics™. All Rights Reserved.
The content of this website is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition, nor should it be used as a substitute for medical advice from a qualified physician. The information contained herein is presented in summary form only. It should not be considered complete and should not be used in place of a visit, call, consultation or advice from a physician. Only a qualified physician can determine if you qualify for treatment.