Cauliflower Gnocchi with Creamy Tomato Meat Sauce is heaven on earth. It’s a light and healthy version of a traditionally carb-heavy, Italian meal. While it may lack carbs, it doesn’t lack flavor!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Ninja Air Fryer
This is the air fryer I got for Christmas and I love it. For my every day use, it’s the perfect size. But, if you host dinner parties often or have a large family to feed, I would opt for a larger size to cook more food at once.
You can’t make this recipe without gnocchi! However, if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you can opt for a different gnocchi recipe or packaged product.
Tomato paste is key for the creamy tomato sauce. It makes for a thick and flavorful combo. Always opt for organic tomato paste, too!
Substitutions for this Recipe
I obviously don’t recommend replacing the gnocchi, but if you don’t live near a Trader Joe’s, make a road trip. Lol just kidding! You can serve this creamy tomato meat sauce with another pasta alternative. Try zucchini noodles or Banza pasta!
Instead of ground beef, you can use ground turkey or chicken.
Replace vegetable broth with chicken or beef stock.
The creaminess of canned full-fat coconut milk really adds to texture and flavor of the creamy tomato sauce. However, you can opt for nut milk instead and cut down on the vegetable broth/water.
Use chopped spinach or collard greens instead of kale.
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbs cooking fat, plus 1 tsp (coconut oil, avocado oil, ghee)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (the thick part at the top of the can)
- 4 tbs organic tomato paste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped kale (frozen or fresh)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- Optional, but highly recommend: raw parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat your air fryer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Heat the cooking fat in a large skillet and add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink in color.
- Meanwhile, add gnocchi and 1 tsp cooking fat to the air fryer. “Air fry” for 8 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, and tomato paste. Stir until well blended and reduce heat to low.
- Add the chopped garlic, kale, sundried tomatoes, basil, and seasonings to the skillet. Stir.
- When the gnocchi is done in the air fryer, add to the skillet.
- Serve with freshly grated raw parmesan cheese.